Columbian Home 33-Quart Jar Canner and Rack
Food preserving has become a hobby and a leisure time activity. Gardeners enjoy freezing and canning the fruits of their summer labors to share with friends and family. The 33 quart size makes quick work of tomatoes or fruit, processing nine quart jars at a time. The high efficiency, quick boiling performance of the porcelain coated carbon steel combined with its modest cost make canning affordable. Porcelain enamel is the result of fusing powdered glass to a substrate by firing, usually between 750 and 850 degrees Celsius. The powder melts and flows and hardens to a durable vitreous coating on a carbon steel core. It creates a smooth, hard finish that won’t burn and resists staining. It’s also non -porous so it won’t trap odors or food particles and provides a low coefficient of friction – meaning that it cleans up easily and, it is corrosion and chemically resistant so it will last a long time. When fired, the vessel is placed on pins so the bottom and sides are hardened during the firing process into one smooth laminated glass surface. You may notice slight pin indentations where the glass has flowed around the pin that supports the base during firing. The pin marks do not compromise the finish or performance of the vessel in any way but you should take additional care in handling if using on glass top stove.
- 33-quart capacity stockpot-style canner, can hold up to 9 quart jars
- Black ceramic-on-steel with stain- and odor-resistant surface
- High efficiency, quick boiling performance
- Rust-proof aluminum rack included
- Easy-to-clean, dishwasher-safe
Available at Amazon : Check Price Now!
- Back to Basics 286 5-Piece Home Canning Kit
- Norpro 2478367600456 7-Piece Home Canning Set
- Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving
- Columbian Home 0707-1 Granite Ware 21-1/2-Quart Steel/Porcelain Water-Bath Canner with Rack
- Norpro Stainless Steel Wide-Mouth Funnel